Add to Cart
Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python, 3rd Edition
* * * *
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the 3rd edition. The 4th edition is now available for sale or download.
* * * *
Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python teaches you how to program in the Python. Each chapter gives you the complete source code for a new game, and then teaches the programming concepts from the example.
The programs covered include Hangman, Tic Tac Toe, Reversi, Caesar Cipher, Guess the Number, and Dragon Realm. Later chapters cover how to make 2D graphical games using the popular Pygame library.
You'll learn how to:
* Put together loops, variables, input/output, and flow control statements into working programs
* Use data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and tuples
* Debug programs and find errors
* Program simple game-playing AI opponents
* Draw graphics and animation into your games
The book is available under a Creative Commons license and can be downloaded in full for free from http://inventwithpython.com
"Invent with Python" was written to be understandable by kids as young as 10 to 12 years old, although it is great for anyone of any age who has never programmed before.
- Publication Date:
- 1503212300 / 9781503212305
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8" x 10"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Programming Languages / Python