Add to Cart
Continue shopping (other books)
About the author:
Joseph Kasser has been a practicing systems engineer for more than 40 years and an academic for about 16 years. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), an INCOSE Fellow, the author of "Holistic thinking: creating innovative solutions to complex problems", "A Framework for Understanding Systems Engineering" and "Applying Total Quality Management to Systems Engineering", and many IN-COSE symposia papers. He is a recipient of NASA's Manned Space Flight Awareness Award (Silver Snoopy) for quality and technical excellence for performing and directing systems engineering and other awards. He holds a Doctor of Science in Engineering Management from The George Washington University. He is a Certified Manager and holds a Certified Membership of the Association for Learning Technology (CMALT). He also started and served as the inaugural president of INCOSE Australia and served as a Region VI Representative to the INCOSE Member Board. He has performed and directed systems engineering in the UK, USA, Israel and Australia. He gave up his positions as a Deputy Director and DSTO Associate Research Professor at the Systems Engineering and Evaluation Centre at the University of South Australia in early 2007 to move to the UK to develop the world's first immersion course in systems engineering as a Leverhulme Visiting Professor at Cranfield University. He is currently a Visiting Associate Professor at the National University of Singapore.
He also spent some of his time in the evenings after grammar school and at weekends studying Talmud at the Etz Chaim ye-shiva in the east end of London. He has occasionally led reli-gious services in Australia, the USA and the UK and on the high seas. He is working on the next book in this series, but Rabbi Asher's dictum keeps delaying progress.
Conceptual Laws and Customs of Christmas
Dr Joseph Kasser
If Christmas had been a Jewish holiday, the laws and customs of Christmas would have been published, perhaps like in this satire.
The detailed laws and customs cover the following;
* Preparing for Christmas including when to start the preparations
* The tree including the type and size
* Decorating the tree including the need for symmetry
* The Christmas lights including the types
* Gifts and gift giving including when they may be opened and distinguishing between childish and adult gifts
* The office party including where and when it should take place
* The festive meals including what should be eaten at each meal
* Santa Claus; the myths and reality
* Rituals of the synagogue service for each service including when to say Hallel and with and without a blessing
* Christmas and Chanukah; distinguishing between them
- Publication Date:
- 1507510861 / 9781507510865
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Religion / Judaism / Rituals & Practice