Add to Cart
Moving to Mexico's Lake Chapala 3rd Edition
Checklists, How-tos, and Practical Information and Advice for Expats and Retirees
Lisa L. Jorgensen
People from all over the world are discovering Mexico's Lake Chapala as a great place to live a richer life - as a visitor, a resident ex-patriot, or as a retiree. This guide explains what other travel books don't: it includes up-to-date immigration, visa, and vehicle information. It's a must-have for anyone considering moving to Lake Chapala, as well as visitors and current residents.
This book includes:
* Exploratory Trip Checklist
* Move Planning Checklist (by week)
* Border Checklist
* Moving In Checklist (by week)
* Comprehensive immigration, visa, and senior discount card information
* Legal basics
* Overview of Lakeside towns
* How-to's on utilities and technology
* Medical care and insurance information
* How to get vehicle permits, registrations, driver's licenses
* Banking, safety, police, shopping, pet care, and mail services basics
* Guides to local customs and language instruction, and government services
* Telephone dialing instructions
* Emergency numbers
* How to hire household help
* Driving tips and Accident form
* Common metric conversions (oven temperatures, etc.)
In short, this book explains it all for you - everything the travel guides don't.
"I found it highly readable, most comprehensive, and flawlessly organized. I think it's the best book of its kind that I have read, and I have been down here for 25 years."
Editor-in-Chief, El Ojo del Lago Magazine
"I've lived at Lakeside for ten years now, and coordinate the Information Desk at the Lake Chapala Society. Yet I'm amazed at how much I learned reading this book. I fully intend to keep a copy at the Information Desk, and suggest all the volunteers familiarize themselves with it."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the read. I wish I had your book available when I moved here 8 years ago. It certainly would have made life simpler and more interesting."
President, Lake Chapala Society
"A valuable resource for anyone visiting or moving to Lake Chapala. If you can, buy it before you come. At the very least, buy it the moment you arrive. Having this book when I moved here 11 years ago would have saved me many missteps and countless hours of research."
Lakeside writer and artist
For questions or comments, email: info@LakeChapalaReporter.com
- Publication Date:
- 0985947624 / 9780985947620
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Travel / Mexico