Add to Cart
You might also enjoy Barrier Free Grand Canyon
Resting Easy In The US
Unique Lodging Options for Wheelers and Slow Walkers
Candy B Harrington
Penned by veteran journalist and accessible travel expert Candy B. Harrington, this accessible lodging guidebook is the result of nearly two decades of in-depth research, meticulous site inspections and copious reader feedback. It includes accurate access descriptions and detailed photographs of over 90 properties across the US. From B&Bs, guest ranches and lakeside cottages, to boutique hotels, rustic cabins and deluxe yurts, variety is the key word in content. And although access varies from property to property, each one possesses a unique attribute - be it the location, the owner, the room, or maybe even the entire lodging concept. A compilation of Harrington's favorite accessible properties, this handy resource also serves as an idea book for travelers looking for something that's a cut above a cookie-cutter chain hotel.
Each Chapter includes:
- A detailed description of the access features of the property, including often overlooked access details such as bed height and toilet grab bar placement.
- Numerous photographs of each property, including detailed bathroom shots.
- Measurements of showers, pathways and doorways that are outside of the standard ADA accessibility guidelines.
- Candy's take about what makes the property unique.
- A detailed evaluation of who the property will and won't work for access-wise.
- A description of the personality of the property, along with an evaluation of what kind of travelers will and won't like it.
- Accessible sites, attractions and trails located near the property.
- Complete contact information, including address, telephone and website.
- GPS Coordinates.
Finally, as with of Candy's work, she doesn't just say something is or isn't accessible - she describes the access so readers can determine if it will work for them.
A must-have resource for all travelers, Resting Easy in the US helps folks think outside of the box when it comes to their lodging choices. It's a good guidebook for seniors, parents with stroller-aged children, Baby Boomers, folks who just like to take things a littler slower and anybody who uses a cane, walker, wheelchair or scooter.
- Publication Date:
- 0692430571 / 9780692430576
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Travel / Special Interest / Disabilities & Special Needs