About the author:
An award-winning fiction author, Jordan McCollum enjoys teaching through her writing craft blog at JordanMcCollum.com, through online classes on her website and others, and in her Writing Craft series. For four years, she served as the inaugural Education Director of Authors Incognito, an online writers' support group with over four hundred members. On the fiction side, she is the author of four Whitney Award finalist novels in the romantic suspense series Spy Another Day. She makes her home in Utah with her husband and their five children.
Keeping readers riveted with real characters, emotion & deep POV
IS YOUR CHARACTER REAL TO YOUR READER?
CHARACTER DEPTH brings your character to life, making her real for your reader.
Does your character come to life, bounding off the page and into your readers’ hearts and minds? Or is he flatter than a paper pancake? A well-rounded character is more than a puppet to the whims of the plot. She moves her story forward through her actions and motivations. For a character to truly come to life for your readers, first she must come to life for you as the writer.
Even a well-rounded character can fall flat if we fail to convey her well. Deep point-of-view plays a vital role in showing our character’s depth to readers. Both well-rounded character development and effective writing are necessary to make our character truly come to life for readers.
CHARACTER DEPTH will help you:
- Create a three-dimensional character from the ground up.
- Dig into your character to find what makes him tick, and use that to make him come to life.
- Discover your character’s vital backstory and convey it effectively.
- Effectively portray your character’s emotions to keep your readers invested in her and her story.
- Take advantage of deep point-of-view, the most popular POV mode.
Character depth is a fundamental feature of engaging fiction to keep your readers riveted to this book and eagerly anticipating your next.
Make your characters really come to life!
- Publication Date:
- 1940096146 / 9781940096148
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Language Arts & Disciplines / Composition & Creative Writing / General