Add to Cart
About the author:
Matt Hart knows a little about survival - especially what not to do.
- Don't try to hike out of a Nevada desert after your motorcycle gets stuck in the mud - better to head to the lake proper and find help. #heatstroke
- Don't try to jump over the icy river in your snowmobile - you'll end up standing chest deep in it, holding the machine against the far bank while your cousin rushes back to help you. #hypothermia
- Don't turn right when driving up Squaw Mountain - that first switchback is icy, deserted, and unplowed. #stuckatmidnight
In addition to the above near-death experiences, Matt has survived a 14 foot motorcycle jump (alone, no helmet), being shot at (as a teenager, up a thirty foot tree), and having a three wheeler land atop him as he crashed onto a concrete sidewalk after a badly-thought-out jump.
And there's the snakes, the black widow, the 90 foot drop off..
The Fractured Earth
Cover design or artwork by
It's Prime Time in the Boreling Empire, and the most popular show, "Scary Mayhem Planet Reality Apocalypse Show", is just starting a new season. Unfortunately for us, this season's planet is the Earth and its two most popular apocalypse scenarios: EMP and Zombies.
In San Diego, a high school class is interrupted by a power outage. The ground shakes with the crash of aircraft, and a petite young sophomore student soon learns the scope of the disaster. She must use all of her considerable skill to fend off zombies and kidnappers alike as she makes her way to her father’s sailboat — and learn how to trust again.
In Northern Massachusetts, a father and son are returning from a weeklong survival training class, just in time to put their new skills to use. But they have a hard and dangerous decision to make — help people in need and risk conflict, or just hunker down and let events unfold, surviving as best they can.
After winning the lottery, a former college professor used his windfall to tour the world. Unfortunately, he ended up in Egypt during the Arab Spring. His narrow escape led him to examine the world with an eye toward surviving disruption. He's convinced there will be some sort of breakdown in society, and has provisioned himself well to survive. But there's something very odd about this disaster. The EMP isn't behaving like he would have expected, and what is going on with zombies?
As we all know, there's no such thing as zombies.
- Publication Date:
- 1514643448 / 9781514643440
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Fiction / Science Fiction / Apocalyptic & Post-Apocalyptic