Add to Cart
About the author:
Author of Coding in Delphi, Nick Hodges has been a part of the Delphi community from the very beginning. He is an original Delphi 1 beta tester, a former member of TeamB, an Advisory Board member for the annual Borland Conference, a frequent conference speaker, a blogger and author of numerous articles on a wide range of Delphi topics.
Nick has a BA in Classical Languages from Carleton College and an MS in Information Technology Management from the Naval Postgraduate School. In his career he has been a busboy, a cook, a caddie, a telemarketer (for which he apologizes), an Office Manager, a high school teacher, a Naval Intelligence officer, a software developer, a product manager, and a software development manager. In addition, he is a former Delphi Product Manager and Delphi R&D Team Manager. He lives with his family in Gilbertsville, PA.
More Coding in Delphi
Like its predecessor Coding in Delphi, More Coding in Delphi is about writing Delphi code. In this book, you won't find much about the form designer, the VCL, or the FMX framework. You will, however, learn about:
* How to write SOLID code in Delphi
* Using Delphi with design patterns like the Factory, Observer, Adapter, Decorator, and Command Patterns.
* How to take advantage of Operator Overloading to simplify your code
* How to write multi-threaded and parallel code and take advantage of the multiple cores in your CPU
* How to write Aspect-oriented code to help separate your concerns
* The history of and an deep-dive into the world famous TSmiley component
- Publication Date:
- 194126610X / 9781941266106
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Software Development & Engineering / General