Add to Cart
My Real Job is Being an Artist
How to produce a body of signature art and build the foundation of an art business
Aletta de Wal M.Ed.
"My Real Job is Being an Artist" by Aletta de Wal is a thorough common sense guide to the career path, the work and the business side of life as a working artist.
* You'll gain tools to create or further develop your own "signature style," which will make your art more memorable and more marketable.
* You'll have a framework to build up your level of art production, so you can keep inventory levels high as demand for your work grows.
* You'll understand exactly what to expect as you enter and move through each of the three career stages of being a professional artist.
* And while it's not the sexiest part of being an artist, you'll also learn how to set up and manage your art business - from record keeping and inventory systems, to tax and liability issues. (Oh the joy of deducting expenses!)
The contents of "My Real Job is Being an Artist" are based on real world experiences - Aletta's and the thousands of artists she's had the pleasure and good fortune to know through her role as artist advisor for Artist Career Training.
Aletta de Wal makes the business of art simpler and art marketing easier so artists can make connections and make sales. (And go back to making more art.)
- Publication Date:
- 0983353115 / 9780983353119
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Art / Business Aspects