Add to Cart
You might also like Barrier-Free Grandcanyon for Wheelers and Slow Walkers
About the author:
Known as the guru of accessible travel, Candy Harrington has been writing about this niche exclusively for the past 19 years. She's the founding editor of Emerging Horizons, and the author of the classic Barrier Free Travel; A Nuts and Bolts Guide for Wheelers and Slow Walkers.
Tape measure in hand, Candy hits the road often, in search of new accessible travel options. Candy also blogs regularly about accessible travel news, resources and industry updates on her Barrier Free Travels blog at www.BarrierFreeTravels.com.
Barrier Free Travel: Olympic and Mount Rainier National Parks
For Wheelers and Slow Walkers
Candy B. Harrington
Penned by accessible travel expert Candy B. Harrington, this access guide includes detailed information about accessible trails, sites, lodging options and attractions in Mount Rainier and Olympic National Park. Information on accessible lodging near these popular Washington state parks is also included. This handy resource features:
- Detailed descriptions of "accessible with assistance" trails -- some are fine for wheelers and slow walkers, while others are access nightmares.
- Information about barrier-free camping options in the park, including the site numbers and features of the accessible campsites.
- Detailed descriptions of the accessible hotel rooms, including often overlooked access details such as bed height and toilet grab bar placement.
- Photos of all the accessible rooms, including lots of bathroom shots.
- Information on cell phone tours, loaner wheelchairs and accessible ranger-led programs.
This guide will help you find an accessible room that works for you, and plan a accessible itinerary based on your abilities. Don't leave home without it!
- Publication Date:
- 0692499873 / 9780692499870
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White with Bleed
- Related Categories:
- Travel / Parks & Campgrounds