Add to Cart
The Cheesehead Bible
The Revealed Truth of the Miracle of Titletown.
The Cheesehead Bible by Art Starr shares the gospel according to Green Bay Packers fans, the stirring saga of the burly people of Wisconsin who turn war into ritual - told in biblical proportions.
This unique and distinctive book appeals to all who ascribe to or are fascinated by the unique phenomenon of cheesehead culture. In perfect shades of green and gold, it’s is an easy, fun and family friendly read of 120 pages with 44 illustrations. From its biblical-looking cover font (Papyrus, of course) to the authors’ pseudonymic nod to the Pack’s legendary #15, the book tells the unapologetic history of the people who created the only fan-owned team in the NFL.
The Cheesehead Bible is simultaneously irreverent and respectful as it tackles the legends of Lambeau, the truth about Titletown, and reveals why Vince Lombardi’s name is emblazoned on the Super Bowl Trophy. Set in the fabled land of brats and cheese it’s a penetrating account of the origins of civilized combat.
The Cheesehead Bible’s epic themes include:
- Cheesehead sin and redemption
- The miracle of the humble enclave that became Titletown
- The centrality of Vince Lombardi’s faith to the success of the Packers
- Curly Lambeau’s contribution, glory and fall from grace
- Why it’s important to keep the Packers in Green Bay
- The glory and pride of being a cheesehead
- Publication Date:
- 0692537678 / 9780692537671
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Sports & Recreation / Football / General