Add to Cart
About the author:
Rand Eastwood is an author, blogger, graphic designer, and drummer residing in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit his website: www.randeastwood.com
Rolling The Bones: 12 Tales of Life, Death, Loss, & Redemption
Sometimes we win. Sometimes we lose. But every day, we roll the bones...
Rolling The Bones is a collection of twelve short stories and novellas written by the author over the course of sixteen years. As the title suggests, the stories span multiple genres, including horror, drama, psychological suspense, ghost stories, sexual encounters, coming-of-age, etc.
The collection includes his very first story, A Sweet Ride, penned in 2000 (and still a reader favorite to this day), and his first novella, Roughing It. Also included are his award-winning stories The Traveler, Forever Anna Day, and Cats (not the musical).
- The Traveler (First Place, international short fiction competition): A succesful lawyer is up for a big promotion; bored with his small-town life, and with his marriage on the rocks, he decides to chuck it all in favor of "the good life." But when he encounters a mysterious stranger on his way out of town, everything suddenly spins out of control, and he must think and act quickly, or risk losing his life--in more ways than one...
- Forever Anna Day (novella): A sad old man, having lost everything, is living out the last of his days in a tiny, seedy apartment, surrounded by memories of his life, and facing a dismal future in a nursing home--until a sudden crisis unfolds in the building, enabling him to end the final day of his life performing one last good deed...
- The Crossing (novella): Adult life is about to be thrust on a young boy living in a small town, essentially ending his childhood and his boyhood adventures with his best friend. But the nearby haunted Black Woods beckon, and the old rope bridge that crosses the canyon by the woods offers him an escape--and what he does will mark his name down in history forever...
- Request Denied (reader favorite): A hard-working, successful businessman discovers a petty thief burglarizing his home--but when he confronts the deadbeat, he discovers that things are more complicated than they first seemed, and suddenly the tables are turned...
- CATS (not the musical) (Finalist, Writer's Digest Annual Writing Competition): One cat can be a cuddly companion...five cats can be a nuisance...but a sea of cats is something else entirely! Love 'em or hate 'em, you'll never look at cats the same way again--especially when they are quietly looking back at you...
- A Sweet Ride (reader favorite): One night a lonely, struggling writer is stuck with sudden, unexpected inspiration, and the next morning sets about hammering out his "magnum opus." So sure is he of success this time--no way anyone will reject this manuscript--that when he's finished he decides to celebrate by taking the ride of his life with his newly-acquired "dream-machine." But where he goes, and what he does next, is even more unexpected...
- Roughing It (novella): Two young couples plan a camping trip together, up in the secluded mountain woods, for a weekend of booze, partying--and of course, sex--in the Great Outdoors. But when one of them stumbles onto something entirely unexpected in the middle of the night, dark memories from the past are triggered, and the weekend quickly turns from terrific to horrific...
Find out what lies in store with these tales and others such as Hell or High Water, A Bearable Darkness of Being, The Calling, This Old House, and Chambers.
At 490 pages and spanning multiple genres, this diverse collection is sure to provide hours of reading pleasure! If you enjoy reading the likes of Stephen King, Clive Barker, or classic Cormac McCarthy, you'll love Eastwood's Rolling The Bones!
- Publication Date:
- 0692716203 / 9780692716205
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.25" x 8"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Fiction / Short Stories