Add to Cart
About the author:
Juan Coderch (MA, PhD) has taught Latin and Greek at the University of Oxford (Faculty of Classics, 2003-7) and since 2007 has been Senior Language Tutor in Greek and Latin at the University of St Andrews. Apart from his academic activities, among other things he maintains a web site of world news in Classical Greek (www.akwn.net), has translated a case of the detective Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and a story of Don Camillo, by Giovanni Guareschi, into Classical Greek (both published together in a single book by Metheksis Editions, Greece), is the author of "Teaching Ancient Languages: a selected guide to available material" (published by the Higher Education Academy, 2009), has collaborated with the Scottish Qualification Authority as a member of the Qualification Design Team for Classical Languages in the design of the new Curriculum for Excellence and is the author of the whole series of four books for Greek and Latin languages: "Classical Greek: A New Grammar," "Latin: A New Grammar," and their two accompanying books of exercises (key for both books of exercises to be published together as a single volume soon). He is currently revising his translation of Le Petit Prince (by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry) into Ancient Greek. He has also developed a strong interest in the usage of Ancient Greek and Latin as live and spoken languages.
Latin: A New Grammar
Book of Exercises
A book of exercises for both absolute beginners and students who already have a sound knowledge of the language but need to revise and enhance it.
* ALL CRUCIAL GRAMMAR: Around 900 exercises covering all crucial aspects of Latin grammar.
* EXERCISES FOR ALL LEVELS: All types of exercises, easy and difficult ones: from simple exercises of declining nouns to complicated ones requiring the combination of sentences, changing structures, etc.
* CLEAR STRUCTURE: Division into different blocks: the nominal system, the verbal system, syntax of cases and syntax of clauses, with subdivisions in each of these for clear presentation.
* QUESTIONS ON BASIC VOCABULARY: Questions on basic vocabulary relating to each grammatical item: most frequent verbs, most frequent adjectives, most frequent adverbs, etc.
* USE OF ORIGINAL AUTHORS: Around 2,100 sentences taken from classical authors, with the author and work quoted.
* ADAPTABLE TO ANY LATIN GRAMMAR OR LANGUAGE COURSE: Although written using the author's own Latin grammar as a structural guideline, this book of exercises can be used by any student following another grammar for consultation.
- Publication Date:
- 0957138733 / 9780957138735
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 8.5"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Foreign Language Study / Ancient Languages / General