About the author:
"My mission is to put academic accounting & finance knowledge, through technology, in the hands of businesspeople & investors."
Axel Tracy has been educated in accounting and finance at two of Australia's leading universities: The University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) and The Australian National University.
He is one of the top students at his current university (UTS) and is a member of the invitation-only Golden Key International Honours Society and UTS Honours Society. Axel's GPA for accounting and finance subjects is 3.64 out of 4.
From 2011 till 2014 he was employed by UTS to run PASS Sessions for the 2nd-year accounting subject Accounting Standards and Regulations. This involved teaching undergraduate accounting students in a subject that has a high failure rate (Axel scored a High Distinction in this particular subject). Accounting Standards and Regulations is a financial accounting subject that involves Australia's current implementation of the International Financial Reporting Standards.
Axel has also been employed by UTS to be a one-on-one tutor in the subject of Accounting for Business Combinations. This is another 2nd-year financial accounting subject involving the accounting treatment of corporate groups, joint-ventures and associates.
His passion for financial markets has led his self-directed study about the 'value investing' philosophy, an investment approach originating from the Columbia Business School in the 1920s. He has also studied trading tactics and systems, however his greatest investment success has come from the former value investing approach.
Axel is happy being a small business operator (and hopes to make this business big) and his first business was launched when he was 25 years old.
Axel currently lives in Armidale, Australia, but hopes to live in many cities in the years to come.
"A little later than many, I found the reason for coming into this world. It was to become an entrepreneur and spread the accounting and finance knowledge that I had learned since 2003.
I greatly enjoy teaching and helping others see the beauty of accounting and finance.
I love accounting and finance...and I want you to feel the same way too!
And if I can't get you to love them, then I want my books to help you take those initial steps in your knowledge journey, so you can be armed with techniques and tools that will set you above the pack."
Financial Statement Basics
From Confusion to Comfort in Under 100 Pages
Accounting Lessons & Financial Statement Skills in One Neat, Little Book
How would you like to learn to read AND use your financial statements while at the same time getting a grounding in core accounting skills?
This book will help you in the markets and in your business while adding accounting as another string to your bow.
Make the most of your currently available financial accounting information. Read on to find out how.
Financial Statement Basics: From Confusion to Comfort in Under 100 Pages
Three Books in One… This bundled title includes
• Balance Sheet Basics: From Confusion to Comfort in Under 30 Pages
• Income Statement Basics: From Confusion to Comfort in Under 30 Pages
• Cash Flow Statement Basics: From Confusion to Comfort in Under 35 Pages
You Can Use Your Financial Statements to Improve Your Stock Market Results
• Financial statements are created for parties external to the business
• They give you a window into the performance & position of any prospective stock investment
• You’ll be better equipped to pick winners and sell or avoid the losers (and do it yourself)
A Businessperson or Entrepreneur? Are you making the most of your available financial data?
• If you are unfamiliar with the value of accounting information then this book will change the way you look at your business
• Spot your business’ strengths and weaknesses and have the financial data to back it up
• With better decision making based on your financials, you can get excited (and not scared) about the future again
A Quick Read Meant for the Time-Poor Professional
• Financial Statements Basics, while comprehensive, is only 100 A4 Pages in length and is thus concise and straight to the point
• Businessperson or Investor, you can apply your new financial analysis skills quickly
• Use it for practical, real-world application and not only theoretical curiosity
You Have the Help & Support You Need …now and ongoing
• The author has had years of experience teaching complex accounting concepts to students of various standards, in a friendly conversational tone
• This book forms part of an operating small enterprise which means that you have someone to turn to while reading or going forward
• You have more support if you need it along the way
Check out the Table of Contents
Read the First Few Pages...
AND Make the Exciting Decision to Buy Now
- Publication Date:
- 1522937285 / 9781522937289
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Business & Economics / Accounting / Financial