Add to Cart
About the author:
Rob Tiffany is one of the world's leading experts in the areas of Enterprise Mobility and the Internet of Things. He's the bestselling author of five books on mobile architecture and development. Rob has shipped smartphones at Microsoft, co-founded the world's first, cloud-based, mobile device management company and brought unintelligent vending machines to life using M2M technologies during the early days of wireless.
"Top 30 Internet of Things Experts"
"The Top 50 IoT People to Follow on Twitter"
"Top 50 Influential Mobile Industry Personalities to watch out for"
"The Internet of Things Landscape: Top 100 Individuals and Brands"
"10 Internet of Things Influencers You Need to Know"
"10 Mobility Influencers on Twitter You Can't Afford to Miss"
Keep up with Rob's ongoing Mobile and IoT analysis:
Web site: http://robtiffany.com
Mobile Strategies for Business
50 Actionable Insights to Digitally Transform Your Business
The mobile tidal wave has permanently transformed the consumer world and now it's washing up on the shores of the enterprise. This drives the need to mobilize existing applications, modernize infrastructures, build new apps for employees and customers, and bring order to your environment via enterprise mobility management. Mobile Strategies for Business guides you through this transformation and drives positive outcomes including reducing expenses, improving employee productivity, increasing revenue, boosting user engagement and reducing risk.
Based on the top 50 most important enterprise mobility concepts spanning four major topic areas, Mobile Strategies for Business is the first book to clearly explain how to digitally transform your business through a simple, step-by-step process. You'll learn how to address the following organizational challenges:
Mobile Strategies for Business is a project plan and an implementation guide allowing your organization to digitally transform so it can ride the mobile wave to employee and customer success. Along the way, it builds a future-looking foundation that prepares your organization for successive technology tidal waves that will impact your business, workforce and customers.
- How to transform IT infrastructures that are wholly unprepared to deliver on the promise of Mobile and IoT for employees and customers. Learn how to enhance performance, scalability, bandwidth and security to support today's mobile and cloud workloads.
- How to reconcile the convergence of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) phenomenon and the need to keep corporate data secure. Learn how to support the flexible work styles of your mobile employees while keeping everything safe.
- How to migrate the millions of out-of-date, insecure and unsupported desktop and Web 1.0 apps that currently run global business to run on modern mobile platforms. Learn how to unchain your line of business apps and web sites from the desktop and move them to the mobile devices your employees actually use.
- How to rapidly build mobile enterprise apps that run on any platform and work with data from any backend system. Learn how to mobile-enable your existing systems and data to empower your mobile employees and reach out to your mobile customers.
"A technically rich and highly practical guide for executives driving digital initiatives and mobile technology strategies in their firms." Nicholas McQuire, Vice President, Enterprise Research CCS Insight
"Tiffany's book moves beyond the buzzwords to deliver what you need to know about digital enabling your business with mobile." Maribel Lopez, Principal Analyst & Founder, Lopez Research
"For enterprises that view mobility as the primary driver of productivity and modernization, Rob’s book lays out the steps to complete the journey." Young Kim, Vice President, Samsung
"This book delivers real world insight from a person who has lived through the challenges that moving to a mobile work style brings to any organization." Jack Gold, President and Principal Analyst, J. Gold Associates
"Rob Tiffany showcases the top strategies for businesses to truly enable mobile technology within their corporate environment." Stephanie Atkinson, CEO, Compass Intelligence
"Rob Tiffany has written a unique and honest book about the complexities every organization encounters as they go mobile." Eric Klein, Director, VDC Research
"Succinct and comprehensive, Mobile Strategies for Business is an essential guide for enterprises aspiring to effectively enter the age of mobility." Godfrey Chua, Principal Analyst, Machina Research
"A book written by an author with real-world, frontline experience providing specific strategy advice, plus detailed instructions on how to deliver on it." Kevin Benedict, Senior Analyst, Cognizant
- Publication Date:
- 0692624864 / 9780692624869
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Enterprise Applications / General