Add to Cart
About the author:
Erik Filsinger has been a rock climber, mountaineer, and ice climber for over 30 years and has summited over 200 peaks in North America and Europe. His has been active in conservation and access issues in Arizona where he lives. For over 20 years Erik has been involved with the City of Scottsdale in purchasing and setting aside approximately one-third of its land mass to be the McDowell Sonoran Preserve. Because of this volunteer work he was often asked, "When are you going to write a guidebook?" He and Cheryl Beaver took up that challenge. Erik's associations and formal roles with American Alpine Club and the Arizona Mountaineering Club have facilitated the communication with the rock climbing community about these wonderful resources.
A Climber's Guide
Dr Erik Filsinger
McDowell Rock - A Climber's Guide is the authoritative source on rock climbing in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve of Scottsdale, Arizona. Erik Filsinger has been the key contact between the City and the rock climbing community. He served on the City's Preserve Commission and the Board of the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy. In those positions he assisted the City in developing their rock climbing plan.
In McDowell Rock, Erik Filsinger and Cheryl Beaver lay out the key elements of rock climbing in the McDowells - parking lots, trails, climber access routes, overviews of each crag, and the routes themselves. Much of this information, including many new routes, is presented for the first time in this brand new guidebook and is not available anywhere else.
McDowell Rock - A Climber's Guide
* Designed to make finding the crags and routes easy
* Identification and colored photos of over 20 rock crags
* Accurate trail head and trail access information
* GPS points at key intersections to assist in finding crags
* Contains over 240 routes, many never publicized before
* Color locator photographs of the crags
* Routes displayed on color photos
* Route descriptions and photos presented on the same page
* Top rope climbs highlighted
* Anecdotes and photos from many of the first ascentionists
* Historical commentary about climbing and the Preserve
#rockclimbing #recreation #mcdowellsonoranpreserve #mcdowells #scottsdale #tourism #guidebook #hiking #mountaineering #arizona
- Publication Date:
- 0692679693 / 9780692679692
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.5" x 8.5"
- Full Color with Bleed
- Related Categories:
- Sports & Recreation / Mountaineering