Add to Cart
Oracle Quick Guides Part 4 - Administration: Security and Privilege
Malcolm Coxall, Guy Caswell
This is Part 4 of a series of quick learning guides for Oracle administrators, designers, developers and managers. Part 4 introduces early entrants with basic Oracle skills to the main concepts of Oracle data security and user privilege management and administration.
The guide includes details of how to create and how to manage users and their database object and system access and rights. The guide also provides a basis for understanding different database security strategies such as role-based security, virtual private databases and procedure-based security.
Part 4 contains a glossary of Oracle terminology related to database security and user privilege administration with clear explanations of the terms used.
These guides are designed to rapidly deliver key information about Oracle to the following audience groups:
- Project Managers, Database Administrators, Team Leaders, and Testers who are new to Oracle and need rapid access to strategic information about the Oracle security environment in both development and production databases.
- Business Analysts, Software Designers and Developers who are new to Oracle and need to gain a detailed understanding of the data security and administration issues involved in an Oracle database.
Part 4 of these guides assumes that the reader has read Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the Oracle Quick Guides or their equivalent content. The contents of Part 4 include the following subject headings:
1. Oracle Database Security Architecture
2. Managing Oracle User Security
3. Managing Privileges and Roles
4. Managing Resources with Profiles
5. Managing Passwords with Profiles
6. Special Users and Privileges - SYS, SYSTEM, SYSDBA, SYSOPER
7. Managing Developer Security
8. Virtual Private Databases (VPD)
9. Procedure Execution Security
10. Data Security using Views
11. Tool Security - PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE Table
12. Obtaining Security Information from the Data Dictionary
13. Glossary of Terms
Appendix 1 - Common System Privileges
Appendix 2 - SYSDBA and SYSOPER Privileges
Appendix 3 - SQL commands which can be disabled
- Publication Date:
- 8494530518 / 9788494530517
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Database Management / General