Add to Cart
Click Here for the Holding Space Practice Workbook
About the author:
Carol earned her MA and BA degrees in Linguistics at University of Arizona and the University of Utah.
She served a mission in South America, and taught Spanish and Linguistic classes in University to Elementary classrooms. She also participated and led humanitarian projects in Bolivia, Peru and Guatemala.
Because of her passion for optimal teaching and learning, she organized Principle Based Learning (PBL) to meet the needs of families looking for support in their desire to educate their children which always starts with parents educating themselves first.
As part of that support, she began Wisdom Workshops to share healing wisdom that she has gained through years of working with amazing healers to overcome her challenges with fibromyalgia, anxiety and depression.
Carol's brainchild, the Learning Journey Challenge, encourages life-long, principle based learning by teaching people how to aim towards building a legacy for coming generations.
She continues to write articles on a variety of topics published on the rich PBL website that she designed and developed.
Carol and her husband Eric homeschool their 5 children and live in Kansas City.
The Holding Space Practice
How to find deep and permanent peace, happiness and internal joy regardless of past traumas, present challenges, or future fears.
It is always hard to summarize deep concepts and ideas in a nutshell in a way that makes sense or conveys the true nature and power of them.
That said, here are a few things to give you the flavor of what The Holding Space Practice might include followed by the titles of the eight tools that are introduced as part of The Holding Space Workshop.
What does it mean to Hold Space? Here is a starting point:
* Honor individual without judgement, first self then family then others
* Suspension of anxiety over expected outcomes
* Accepting "now" as it really is without undue regret or control
* Allowing self and others to choose as we avoid inappropriate pressure, collusion, manipulation and/or exploitation.
These are the titles of the tools we use to work on Holding Space:
1. Being without doing
2. Bravely seeing truth
3. Feeling feelings without words
4. Allowing without trying
5. Gently noticing with curiosity
6. Staying in the space without giving into distraction
7. A place where time and space are fluid; where inside and outside meet.
8. Love is the end result. It IS the space and circle.
- Publication Date:
- 1534635777 / 9781534635777
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Body, Mind & Spirit / Inspiration & Personal Growth