Add to Cart
About the author:
Mitchel T. Keller is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia.
William T. Trotter is a Professor of Mathematics at the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta.
Mitchel T. Keller, William T. Trotter
This is a text with more than enough material for a one-semester introduction to combinatorics. The original target audience was primarily computer science majors, but the topics included make it suitable for a variety of different students. Topics include
- Basic enumeration: strings, sets, binomial coefficients
- Recursion and mathematical induction
- Graph theory
- Partially ordered sets
- Additional enumeration techniques: inclusion-exclusion, generating functions, recurrence relations, and Polya theory.
- Graph algorithms: minimum weight spanning trees, Dijkstra's algorithm, network flows
This text is open source and available under a Creative Commons license. To access the free HTML and PDF versions of the text, visit http://rellek.net/appcomb/.
- Publication Date:
- 1534878653 / 9781534878655
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 7.44" x 9.69"
- Black and White with Bleed
- Related Categories:
- Mathematics / Combinatorics