Add to Cart
Ghastly Affair Presenter's Manual
Daniel James Hanley
Stacey Kaelin, Daniel James Hanley
The companion book to the Ghastly Affair Player's Manual, the Ghastly Affair Presenter's Manual gives you the tools to run the Ghastly Affair, the Gothic Game of Romantic Horror.
Inside you will find:
- An in-depth discussion of techniques for presenting the game, including how to create Gothic scenarios and manage game sessions effectively.
- Over 100 creatures and adversaries, including wild Animals, mischievous Fairies, abominable Monsters, foul Revenants, mysterious Spirits, and a full range of Human Antagonists.
- A year-by-year chronology of the incidents and scandals of the Ghastly Age in Europe, covering the years from 1765 to 1820.
- Lists of Gothic genre conventions to inspire plots and characters.
- Rules for bringing the physical incarnations of Death, the Devil, and more into your games.
- Expanded rules for drugs and diseases.
- 27 Weird Objects drawn from from real-world lore, including the Brazen Head, Hand of Glory, and Zombi Bottle.
- A list of Human capacities and limits, to help adjudicate extreme situations.
- Alternate rules for Ability Contests, and instructions on how to run the game with Tarot cards instead of dice.
For use with the Ghastly Affair Player's Manual.
Intended for mature readers.
- Publication Date:
- 1539477444 / 9781539477440
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Black and White with Bleed
- Related Categories:
- Games / Role Playing & Fantasy / General