Add to Cart
God's Gift to Mankind
This is a book on the discipline of resting that's part of the Summit Leadership Series for men.
Because of our drive, busyness, and fixation on accomplishment, resting may well be the most difficult of all the following skills (spiritual disciplines). And yet, God clearly wants us to rest. In fact, He deliberately modeled rest for us, and then He listed rest as one of the Ten Commandments! Jesus declared rest as one of God's gifts to mankind. But there is also some mystery around resting:
- Why do we find it so difficult to rest?
- Why does God want us to rest?
- What does resting look like?
- In what ways is resting more than simply ceasing from work?
- As followers of Christ, what is our relationship to the Sabbath?
- What re some practical ways to work resting into our busy schedules?
This short book attempts to answer all these questions and more. Discussion questions follow each chapter making the book ideal for a men's study.
Pick it up and read it in a couple of hours, enjoying Rob's story-telling style. Then put it into practice and watch your relationship with Christ deepen!
- Publication Date:
- 153959971X / 9781539599715
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.06" x 7.81"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Religion / Christian Life / Men's Issues