Add to Cart
About the author:
Paul Hellman consults & speaks internationally on how to excel at work in high-stakes communications. He has advised thousands of executives & professionals at leading organizations.
His latest book is "You've Got 8 Seconds: Communication Secrets for a Distracted World."
"After reading the first few pages, I could not put it down. A must-read for the corporate world-and the real world! "
-Jean Pierre Lacombe, Chief Global Markets, Head of IFC Research, The World Bank
Paul is also the author of "Ready, Aim, You're Hired!"
"I'd recommend it to anyone who's interviewing in the job market."
-from the foreword by Parker Llewellyn, (then) Harvard Business School's Director of MBA Placement
Paul has written occasional columns for such newspapers as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Boston Globe.
CNBC.com has published over 100 of his fast tips, and he has delivered commentaries for public radio's Marketplace, and CNN's Business Unusual.
Paul holds a master's degree in management from MIT's Sloan School and has led workshops for Sloan MBAs during their innovation week.
To contact Paul about speaking at your organization, or for more information about his training and consulting company, express potential, please visit www.expresspotential.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Naked at Work (and Other Fears)
How to Stay Sane When Your Job Drives You Crazy
You and I have thousands of thoughts a day, and odds are, a lot of us are still wide awake at 3 a.m. sorting them out.
"Naked at Work" will enlighten your thinking-and make you laugh-about the anxieties and absurdities of today's stressed-out workplace.
Change forever the way you think about thinking, while increasing your resilience and resourcefulness at work.
What the experts are saying . . .
* "An incredible book of wit and wisdom. A must read for anyone who worries about anything. I loved it!"
-Richard Carlson, Ph.D., bestselling author of "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff . . . and It's All Small Stuff."
* "It's one of the wisest (and funniest) books I've ever read. In a world where there are so many books, this one shines like a diamond in a pile of pebbles."
-Joan Borysenko, Ph.D., bestselling author of "Minding the Body, Mending the Mind," co-founder and former Director of the Mind/Body clinical programs at two Harvard Medical School teaching hospitals.
* "Great fun combined with some profound thinking!"
-Albert Ellis, Ph.D., bestselling author of over forty-five books; was widely recognized as one of the world's leading cognitive psychotherapists.
* "Practical and humorous, wise advice on how to cope with and eliminate stress at work."
-Herbert Benson, M.D., bestselling author of "The Relaxation Response," President of the Mind/Body Medical Institute, and Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School.
* "A zippy, snappy, smart, funny, and above all useful guide to quelling fear and promoting creativity and top performance in the workplace. Hellman has performed the difficult feat of making us laugh and learn at the same time. This is light read with a hefty message."
-Edward Hallowell, M.D., author of "Worry: Hope and Help for a Common Condition," and Psychiatry Instructor, Harvard Medical School.
* "In my annual editions of 'What Color Is Your Parachute?', I have always quoted something brilliant that Paul Hellman said in his wonderful first book. Now he's got a new book out (Hallelujah!), for me - -and you - - to pick new pearls of wisdom from. Highly recommended, of course!"
-Richard N. Bolles, author of "What Color Is Your Parachute?," the best-selling job-hunting book in the world.
* "(This) book is honest and confronting, while at the same time, refreshing and devilishly funny. Hellman takes his knowledge of the working mind and blends it with his obvious experience in the workplace. This is a man who knows the office. With his sharp wit and even sharper eye for details, Hellman's simple and clever ideas make the workplace a lot more tolerable."
-PopMatters book review by Nikki Tranter
- Publication Date:
- 1540445593 / 9781540445599
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 5.25" x 8"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Self-Help / Personal Growth / Success