About the author:
Sam holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and a masters of business administration and has more than thirty years’ civil engineering software training and consulting experience. He has worked with InRoads since the introduction of the software in 1989. He has developed custom paper and on-line InRoads workflow guides and written DOT Design Standards Manuals. Sam has also conducted training classes for 20+ Departments of Transportation and numerous private engineering firms.
Todd has more than thirty years’ experience in the AEC industry and holds a bachelor’s in civil engineering and a MBA. Todd has conducted MicroStation and InRoads training classes since 1993 for several DOTs, US Army Corps of Engineers and private consultants. He has also developed custom training courses and workflow guides for the both MicroStation and InRoads software. He has conducted training for hundreds of students at these agencies.
Sam and Todd are the founders and owners of CAD Productivity Incorporated.
Applying InRoads SS2
CAD Productivity Incorporated
Mr. Samuel D Nugent
Mr. W Todd Stutts
This InRoads training manual is designed for civil engineers and designers who plan to use InRoads SS2 for design and evaluation of highway or other corridor projects. In the workbook, you have step-by-step instructions to complete an example road design project that illustrates both workflow and concepts of using these new software tools for corridor development.
Downloadable Data Files
Inside the manual are instructions on how to download a dataset that is used to work through the topics.
This Manual Includes How to:
- Work with Digital Terrain Models (DTMs)
- Define Horizontal Alignments
- Create Profiles of the existing ground and create a proposed Vertical Alignment
- Create Templates (Typical Sections)
- Use the Roadway Designer interface to create a proposed Surface
- Set up Transitions using Templates, Point Controls and Parametrics
- Set up Superelevation using the Superelevation Wizard
- Create Cross Sections showing existing and proposed surfaces
- Compute End Area Volumes
- Generate project Reports
- Create Plan and Profile Sheets
- Publication Date:
- 1542380294 / 9781542380294
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / CAD-CAM / General