Add to Cart
Other Books by Candy B. Harrington
About the author:
Known as the guru of accessible travel, Candy Harrington has been writing about travel for wheelchair users and slow walkers exclusively for over 20 years. She's the founding editor of Emerging Horizons, and the author of the classic Barrier Free Travel; A Nuts and Bolts Guide for Wheelers and Slow Walkers.
Tape measure in hand, Candy hits the road often, in search of new accessible travel finds. And when she's not on the road, she enjoys spending time with her travel photographer husband at their home in the Sierras.
Barrier-Free Travel: Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks
for Wheelers and Slow Walkers
Candy B Harrington
Penned by accessible travel expert Candy B. Harrington, this access guide includes detailed information about accessible trails, historic sites, lodging options, tours, attractions and scenic drives in Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. This handy resource features:
- Information on accessible trails, boardwalks, viewpoints, museums and picnic areas in the parks and the gateway cities.
- Fly-drive resources, including the location of nearby airports, and the availability of accessible shuttles, public transportation and van rentals.
- Detailed descriptions and photographs of 33 accessible lodging options in and near the parks.
- Barrier-free camping choices, including campsites with raised tent platforms.
- Availability of local adaptive sports programs.
- Information on accessible bus tours, ranger programs, wheelchair and handcycle rentals, and visitor services in the parks.
- The latest information on lodging access upgrades in and near the parks.
This guidebook includes detailed access information that will help wheelchair-users and slow walkers get out and enjoy Central California's National Parks.
- Publication Date:
- 0998510319 / 9780998510316
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Travel / United States / West / Pacific