Add to Cart
A Buddha's Timeless Path Of Meditation, Mindfulness And Profound Wisdom.
Becoming Buddha is a comprehensive presentation of the foundational teachings of the Buddha in the context originally intended. Becoming Buddha clearly shows where individual and cultural influences have altered the Buddha's original teachings as preserved in the Sutta Pitaka - the second book of the Pali Canon.
Beginning with the story of the Buddha's life, Becoming Buddha explains in plain language:
* The Buddha's awakening
* The Authenticity of the Pali Canon
* The Historical Development of Buddhist Practice
* Dependent Origination
* The meaning of becoming
* Anicca, Anatta, Dukkha - Three Marks of Existence
* Four Noble Truths
* Five Clinging-Aggregates
* Shamatha-Vipassana Meditation
* Four Foundations of Mindfulness
* The Buddha's First Three Discourses
* Practical Development of The Buddha's Dhamma
* Twenty-Three supportive Suttas with commentary
The Buddha's original teachings are not difficult to understand or develop. There is nothing mystical or esoteric about these teachings. There are no rituals to perform or empowerment's to receive. There are no unfamiliar customs to adopt.
There is a straightforward and easily developed path to gently engage with and become awakened, Become Buddha.
For practicing Buddhists interested in what the Buddha actually taught you will find Becoming Buddha a clear and direct explanation of the Buddha's Dhamma in the context originally intended.
For those new to meditation and mindfulness, you will find clear and direct explanations of these timeless practices.
- Publication Date:
- 0985340371 / 9780985340377
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 6" x 9"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Religion / Buddhism / General