Add to Cart
The Tcl Programming Language
A Comprehensive Guide
Ashok P. Nadkarni
The Tcl Programming Language is a comprehensive guide to the current version (8.6) of this immensely flexible and versatile
language. Starting with the basic features, it expands its scope to
include the more advanced concepts, facilities and programming idioms
from which the language derives its power.
- Begin with the basics of Tcl syntax and commands for operating on
- Get acquainted with the flexible and uniform execution model that
enables metaprogramming, custom control structures etc.
- Learn to modularize your code with namespaces, object-oriented
design and packages.
- See how intrinsic support for Unicode and encodings makes it a
breeze to localize your applications.
- Become conversant with the integrated event loop and how it
facilitates efficient asynchronous I/O models and the reactive style
- Delve into Tcl's sophisticated I/O framework and write your own
reflected channels, transforms and virtual file systems.
- Understand the built-in facilities for inter-process communication
using pipes or the network.
- See how concurrent programming facilities like coroutines and
threads can simplify your code and make it more performant.
- Learn how to secure your application through the use of safe
interpreters for sandboxing.
- Interact with databases through the Tcl Database Connectivity
- Discover how software distribution and installation headaches are
eliminated with starkits and single file deployment.
The breadth of coverage and numerous examples will familiarize
newcomers to every aspect of Tcl programming. At the same time, the
depth and level of detail, and an exhaustive index, make The Tcl
Programming Language a valuable reference in every Tcl programmer's library.
- Publication Date:
- 154867964X / 9781548679644
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 7.5" x 9.25"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Programming Languages / General