Add to Cart
About the author:
Annaliese Dell has been bookkeeping and record keeping in the Electric Distribution Construction Industry for over a decade.
Annaliese also writes for Experts Exchange, a global help system for technology experts, where her articles receive awards including Experts Exchange Approved, Community Pick and Editor's Choice: the highest accolade an article can receive.
Find Annaliese @ https://www.experts-exchange.com/members/KoiGirl.html, www.vbquick.com and www.twitter.com/vbquick.
Database Magic! with QODBC
Plus 7 Two-Minute Forms that Update QuickBooks from Microsoft Access & Much More
Update QuickBooks data directly from Microsoft Access without learning programming or buying special add-ons you can't personalize.
Follow along using screen shots and copy & paste.
You'll end up with a database that:
- Updates vendors, employees, assets, customers, items, etc. directly from Microsoft Access.
- Keeps files at your fingertips.
- Automates file moving for you.
No programming knowledge needed.
Includes a link to downloadable PDF so you can copy and paste directly into your database.
Instructions, code and screenshots to create 11 forms:
- Switchboard that automatically lists new forms, reports, modules, queries and tables and opens them with a double-click.
- The database stores folder paths for you so you don't have to remember where they are.
- Forms automatically display file lists. For example, the database stores customer folders so when you click on a customer, their files appear in a list box. Simply double-click to open any file, including movies. Same for vendor, asset, employee etc.
- Move files between folders directly from Access with one click. No more hunting for that customer's folder. Scan or save files to a temporary folder and let the database move them for you to the customer's folder. Same for vendor, asset, employee etc.
- Forms display a unique picture for each record. That means a different picture for each customer, vendor, employee, asset, etc. You select which image to display by adding the word "thumbnail" to the file. In other words, Jim's picture is different than Joe's picture.
- List boxes expand down and out like drop-down boxes.
- Drop-down boxes automatically fill with the appropriate QuickBooks items. For example, customer-type drop-down box automatically fills with QuickBooks customer-type list.
- Change customer, asset, employee, vendor or item data on a form, click the save button and QuickBooks is updated with that data. Database returns to QuickBooks, retrieves the new data, compares it to the database data and displays a confirmation message. All behind the scenes and all in seconds.
Finally organize customers, vendors, assets, items and more and update them in QuickBooks directly from Microsoft Access.
Seven Steps with screen shots and copy & paste code.
Steps 1 & 2:
- You follow along and create a form that imports all the tables available in QuickBooks. See fields not shown in QuickBooks reports. See whether or not each field is updateable, how many characters each field is allotted, what type of field it is (text, number, date) and more.
- Next, you'll create an automated switchboard that opens when you open the database and automatically lists forms, reports, etc. Includes a button that lists new forms, reports, etc. as you create them. Double-click any form, report, module, etc. to open it directly from the switchboard.
Steps 3 - 7:
- You follow along and create a customer form and design it however you like. Make it yours! Your fonts,
your colors, your style.
- Then you copy the customer form and name it: Fixed Assets.
- Next, you replace two strings in the form's code.
- Then you type one line and you have a brand new form for Fixed Assets that automatically imports the Fixed Asset table. Simply add the fields you want to see. A button automatically creates drop-down boxes that automatically fill with the appropriate QuickBooks lists.
- Repeat steps 3 - 7 for vendor, employee, etc.
Over 500 pages but don't let that intimidate you. This book is bursting with hundreds of detailed screen shots and pages of code but you don't have to type the code. A link to a downloadable PDF is included so all you do is copy and paste as you go.
Requires: Quickbooks®, Microsoft® Access® and QODBC Desktop.
- Publication Date:
- 1546478248 / 9781546478249
- Page Count:
- Binding Type:
- US Trade Paper
- Trim Size:
- 8.5" x 11"
- Black and White
- Related Categories:
- Computers / Desktop Applications / Databases