CreateSpace Community Guidelines
The CreateSpace Community is a free service that enables our members to help one another by sharing ideas and comments. If you use the CreateSpace Community, you are certifying that you are at least 13 years of age (unless you are a resident of the State of Maine, in which case you are certifying that you are at least 18 years of age).
The goal of the CreateSpace Community is to provide an environment where members, no matter how new or experienced can freely exchange thoughts, ideas, knowledge, and opinions. The Community is a powerful support mechanism and we place tremendous value on it as a medium of information exchange.
The following guidelines are critical to our goal. These guidelines pertain to any content (including, but not limited to: text, images, videos, URLs and references) within the Community. Some discussion boards have topic specific guidelines which will be posted in the introduction at the top of the board. Please help us maintain this constructive environment by following these guidelines and encouraging your peers to do the same.
Members may include:
- Posts that are topic-specific to the board and the thread.
- Questions that challenge your peers.
- Relevant knowledge, ideas and experiences.
- Ideas for new features.
- Honest feedback about the things at which we are succeeding, and constructive criticism about those which can be improved.
- Posts with external website links and links to images as long as they are relevant, helpful or if they provide an example for discussion relating to the CreateSpace project.
- Links to your public Preview.
- A picture of yourself in your Profile.
- Posts announcing or requesting feedback on a book, DVD or CD project created through CreateSpace. Limit the promotion of your CreateSpace project to one thread in the Share Your Work discussion board.
Members may not include:
CreateSpace is proud to provide this Community for you to air your opinions about using our platform, discuss industry news, create a professional network, get answers to your questions and collaborate. While we appreciate your time and participation, we respectfully request that you follow some general guidelines on what not to post.
- Do not post images, videos or remarks that are profane, obscene or spiteful.
- Do not post content that demonstrates intolerance for or is insulting to other groups and individuals.
- Do not intentionally post content that demonstrates little or no relevance to CreateSpace issues, or disrupts the effective use of the Community in any way. Use the Community tools only in a manner that respects the time and energy of your peers.
- Do not post advertisements or solicitations for external web sites, contests, paid service offerings or other solicitations.
- Do not solicit CreateSpace members on the discussion boards to be your potential customers.
- Do not post repeated announcements of a single topic or respond to a thread with the sole purpose of resurfacing it to the top of the discussion board, also known as bumping.
- Do not include phone numbers, email or physical addresses, or other personal information in your posts, images or videos.
- Do not post threads that do not relate to the topic of the board.
- Do not post images of or personal information of children under 13.
If you would like to tell us about a specific problem with your CreateSpace account, please submit a support request at CreateSpace.com/Support.
CreateSpace's role in the Community:
- Our team is actively involved in the CreateSpace Community and we will regularly browse this forum, however, we cannot read every thread, post or Profile. For that reason, we rely on the Community to help us enforce the Community rules.
- To protect your privacy and security, we will not reply to individual questions about specific titles or accounts here. Please contact us through our secure support form for specific questions that need our attention.
- We will frequently post relevant updates and news for our members here. Please check back often to stay abreast of what is happening at CreateSpace.
- As a team, we think a lot about which new features to build next for you. We will use this forum to get your ideas and to gauge your interests. This will help us in launching new technologies and offerings on the CreateSpace platform.
- CreateSpace reserves the right to remove, edit, determine the appropriateness or value related to content at its discretion, without notice.
"Last Updated: January 10, 2011"