Amazon Instant Video features
- Amazon Instant Video for titles rental or purchase can be found at www.amazon.com/instantvideo.
- Start streaming a movie on any device, pause, then resume watching straight from the same scene on another with Amazon Whispersync. Whispersync remembers your last scene watched across all your apps and devices, so you can avoid the frustration of having to find your spot.
- Purchased and rented titles are stored in the cloud in Your Video Library, so you can access them anywhere you go, in any Amazon Instant Video app.
- The Amazon Instant Video store offers instant streaming online on Kindle Fire HD, Fire Phone, Fire TV, as well as iPad, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii U, Roku, and hundreds of TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players.
- Thousands of movies and TV shows are available in HD for devices that support HD streaming such as Kindle Fire HD, Fire Phone, Fire TV, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Roku, Wii U and certain smart TVs and Blu-ray players.
Get Your Film on Amazon Instant Video
Make your film available for digital purchase or rental with Amazon Instant Video. Customers can choose to stream or download movies and TV shows they rent or purchase, while you earn royalties from each sale or rental stream.
Find answers to Amazon Instant Video questions
Visit the the Amazon Instant Video help pages to get answers to all your questions.
What you get paid
You earn a royalty every time customers buy or rent your title. You receive 50% of the purchase or rental price of your title.
For example, if your title is purchased at $14.99, you earn a royalty of $7.49. If your title is rented at $3.99, you earn a royalty of $1.99. (Learn more about video download purchasing and renting options.)
You may suggest a list price for downloads that customers buy (not rent). However, Amazon.com determines the price for both rental and purchased titles. Royalties are based on the price Amazon sets.
Sales reports are updated monthly, and your payment occurs 60 days after the end of the month in which sales were made.
What you pay
Nothing! Video downloads are free to set up and distribute.
Set-up timing and removal
After your title is set up and we receive your source copy, please allow some time for your Video Download to appear on Amazon Instant Video™. Get more information on Amazon Instant Video timing.
If you would like to remove your title from further distribution on Amazon Instant Video™, please let us know. Your title may take up to 30 days from the date we receive your email notification to be removed from further distribution.
Please note that some titles may continue to be displayed after you have requested removal. Additional time may be needed to complete the rental period for customers.
See our Member Agreement for further information.
Submitting your content
- Please ensure the runtime is at least 6 minutes long.
- Content in a foreign language must include burned-in English subtitles.
- Please do not submit videos with watermarks, color bars, or URLs.
- Content must adhere to our Content Guidelines and Member Agreement.
- You must obtain all applicable copyright licenses to artwork used in your DVD. See our Copyright Guidelines for more information.
- You are responsible for reviewing the Closed Caption Submission Requirements, determining whether captions are required for your content, notifying CreateSpace that captions are required and providing those captions.
- Content must be an authored DVD provided as a single ISO file.
- ISO files must be unencrypted.
- We require your source copy to be authored with a single Video Title Set (VTS) and that you place the main feature in one VTS under VTS_01. Discs authored with multiple VTS files cannot be accepted at this time.
- Content must have a minimum run time of 6 minutes.
- Your source copy must contain only AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders in the root directory of the disc.
- We do not support inclusion of data or executable files on DVD.
- In order to maximize playback compatibility, we recommend a maximum total bit rate for the combined video and audio tracks of 6.5 Mbp/s (megabits per second).
- We recommend using Dolby Digital (AC-3) audio; however PCM and DTS audio are also supported.
- We accept discs up to 4.6 GB in size.
- Only single track DVDs are supported at this time.
Amazon Instant Video images are used across many devices to enhance the customer experience, therefore, please provide us with your highest resolution images within the aspect ratio. Additionally, please ensure your image meets the following requirements:
- Please include a clearly visible title name.
- Please do not include URLs on the image.
- Please ensure the image includes a title in English.
- Your image can not include DVD Logos or reference a DVD.
- Please ensure the title name on the image exactly matches the title of your video.
- As we do not accept episodic content please do not include "season" or "episode" in the title name.
- Must be sized as a 1200 x 1600-pixel JPEG.
Video download FAQ
How much will it cost to set up my film or video as a video download to be available through Amazon Instant Video?
We do not charge fees for setting up your film or video as a video download through Amazon Instant Video.
Are customers able to rent and purchase video downloads through Amazon Instant Video?
Yes, customers can purchase or rent high-quality digital videos from Amazon.com and watch them online instantly on a Mac or PC, or download them to any Windows-compatible computer on which they've installed the Amazon Unbox™ Video Player.
Will my video be available for streaming as well as download?
Yes, your video will be available for sale in high-quality streaming and download formats on Amazon Instant Video.
See our site help for more Video download FAQs.