Let our experienced team help you create a professional-looking book cover that captures your vision. This affordable service includes a single image, a custom layout and background colors, and your choice of stylized typography.
Talk to Us!
Want to learn more about our fee-based services?
We'll call you. Right now. Really.
Available Mon - Fri
8:30 am to 8:30 pm ET
U.S. and Canadian customers only.
How does this work?
Outside the U.S. or Canada?
Charges may apply
Custom Cover Features
- Use of a single image (image manipulation not included)
- Custom book cover layout
- Custom cover background colors
- Stylized typography that features a unique look for your book title, author name and back cover text
- One round of revisions (changes to image not included)
- One design presented after any change request
- Custom placement of your synopsis, author photo and barcode on the back cover, plus cover formatting and sizing made to your book's specific trim size
- Supported cover design languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Dutch
How It Works
You will complete an online Design Profile where you'll be guided to provide your
cover design preferences that best reflect your book's genre. A professional designer
will create a cover based on your Design Profile, and you'll be sent a digital cover
proof through your CreateSpace account. Here's how the process works:
- Complete your online Design Profile
- Upload the image you want featured on your book cover or we'll choose one of the many photos available in our stock photo catalog based on your input.
- Select, or allow the designer to choose, font options for your book title, author name and back cover text.
- Review your cover design, created by our experienced book cover designer, and provide any feedback. Your custom cover will include a single image, a custom layout and background colors, and your font choice.
- Approve your final custom book cover design. We'll add your new cover to your final book files for publication.
Some design and text changes may incur additional fees; see our Changes Policy for details.
IMPORTANT: We cannot complete your cover until we have your book's final page count, as the number of pages determines your book's spine width.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I provide my own image or graphics for my book cover?
Yes, our professional designer can create a book cover using your image or graphics, as long as what you provide meets our resolution standard of 300 DPI and satisfies our Content Guidelines.
Q: What if I need additional design support that isn't included in this service?
If you are looking for more options with your Custom Cover Service, such as an additional
cover concept, additional cover image, or image modification, you can purchase cover
add-on-services. See Help for more information.
Q: If I purchase Custom Cover and want to publish my book in multiple languages, do I need
to purchase a Custom Cover service for each supported language?
No, you would purchase Additional Cover Customization for $178. You'll provide the
translated cover text, and we'll update the title, subtitle, back cover text, and author bio
on the cover.